Nuffnang

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

NYPLD, my huge passion w my favorite people

so..... as mention earlier in the previous post, 've alrdy unofficially graduated from NYP, still left w last project submission tmr. :) and that's it w my NYP life.




BUT....... i guess i won't let my NYPLD life t end in this three short years. 've learn a lot, been through ups and downs with all those different people. learn how to be cooperative and bond w my seniors.

i rmbr... their booth caught my attention back in Club Crawl 2009, when we're all still those Year 1 freshman year in NYP.
i went t Club Crawl w my friends to burn out time off during our break (i think).... we're all walking around aimlessly and hoping t see at least a CCA we like.

Lion dance was the first booth @ the entrance, the moment u came in. POOOOF U SEES THEM. i sign up for them, and didn't have any mood t see any other CCA. i rmbr Ames (acting president then) was there t explain t me, telling me Lion dance in NYP is almost all girls, the ratio for girls:guys = 5:1. LOL.
before i left their booth, he told me "Anything, we'll call you for the orientation ok?", i turned and looked at him saying "Don't call me can? Text me will do. i don't like phone calls." 
i don't know why i got the guts to say that, since i normally don't talk all this crap things to strangers. LOL.

Ames added me in MSN, t inform me about the cca orientation on Monday (don't know why i rmbr), i rejected him, cos 've got no friends. i told him 'll go for the subsequent training but not the orientation.
he psycho-ed me in MSN for hours, till i gave in, and say 'll go... but i don't know where the hell is Block E.

that monday, 've got Huiling to accompany me, while waiting for Ames to come and bring me to Block E from south canteen. LOLOLOL.
knew him, Edmund and Kenny tgt while walking to our clubroom.

my life in NYPLD start there, and i enjoyed every moment during training.


i rmbr my first Ngee Ann City Zonal competition @ West Coast CC, we got thrash really badly, cos we're a school team.
Danny's troupe was the first one t compete, we're there also for our competition, and we supported him! :D
i can't rmbr our score, but i think it's 8.4? O.o




followed by, my second competition - NTU Interschool lion dance competition, Champion for open category.
my first experience going to Coach's troupe for CNY chu shi. i still rmbr avidly, i stick w Kenny and Ames almost everytime, cos i don't know the rest of them. awkward... and i told my then-boyfriend, i won't want to CNY chu shi again w Coach's troupe if i never ever know them. LOL



it was all great and smooth even after Jiahao graduated, cos there's no competition... trainings stopped for months and all new batch of juniors left us.
it was a huge obstacles for us, cos from 10+, 15 people, drop to only 8 active members.
the morale, bondings were not there anymore. and it really brought me to the extent leaving the CCA.

but after much considerations, Shui hua, Danny and me wanted to try and bring back NYPLD on track again, and try our best to do whatever we can... back in October 2010.
we got Phoebe (our then new member, now acting president), to help us whenever she can. :)
three of us were really close, we ate tgt after trainings despite only 4-5 of us came down. we went to Amk, drink koi, eat subway etc etc and chatted till 11+ before Shui hua and Danny catch the last train back to west side, while i catch my last bus home.

back in November 2010, coach selected a few of us to help out in Chengsan CC lion dance anniversary on 25th Dec 2010. it was then, i get even closer w Coach's troupe ppl. i know even more of them, talk w more of them. this sparked off my passion for lion dance even more. mainly cos, i know even more of them, and coach began bringing us t expose w more experience, more performances as well.

in January 2011, NYP have open house, NYPLD performed really well for our Festive Drums w the help of Jiji (cos we not enough ppl), he came down despite being so busy. HOW GREAT RIGHT HIM!!!! :D


we as a whole, took part NTU Interschool Lion dance comp again back last year, on March 2011.
the bond and everything came back to us, and we work really well for 5 days! -____- WHY?
cos our lion head (danny) + lion tail (ames) aren't commit tgt fully, and Shui hua (drummer) went t Thailand for holidays.
but we all conclude that, we WON'T aim for Champion, we just need to do our best t perform well for it. that's what we aim for.
surprisingly, we came in Champion again, despite all those last min trainings. and we appreciate each other for all the effort.



and the very next day of the competition, NYP invited us to be part of "Stage without Borders" event outside Wheelock Place. ofc we do our most well-known performances then - Festive Drums, with the help of Jiji again. hehehehehe.
it's a sunday. WE BURNT OUR WEEKENDS FOR NYPLD. despite then 've my FYP, danny have his IAP, Eunice rushing her SIM submissions, Shuihua, gw and pb studying and lastly, Jiji working.



but things kinda change drastically, as three of us have a huge tiff over text and we're not happy w each other.
Danny was my then-boyf, so common sense... i sided w him instead of Shui hua or being neutral. meh~
everything turns out really ugly after Club Crawl 2011. and we got seperated. Shui hua stopped coming t training, and Danny took over NYPLD.

things went on really smoothly after that, having new batch of juniors come in and etc. but due to some reasons, danny left NYPLD, leaving all of them having nobody t coach them. and Shui hua came back t NYPLD t coach tgt w Coach.

eventually, Danny and me broke up.... and i went to help Coach during CNY w pb and gw. talked things out w Coach, and he told me t go back t NYPLD, cos previously i leave tgt w Danny. ): didn't know why i did that also. :/

and now, 'm back to NYPLD again, and looking fwd to work well w my bunch of juniors, tgt w my mates of the same year as me and those Alumni, and took part the 8th NTU Intersch Lion dance competition this March.

've learn a lot, been through a lot, love/hate a lot. but no matter what, i won't want to stop my 3 years of passion here. really hope i can continue to keep up w them if i can, even after my graduation. :)

it's Valentines' Day today, and 've training later on. Coach plan t bring us t see our new lion heads and our new CCA shirts after training. srsly, i can't wait lehhhhhh! ><

and my NYPLD plan on a outing later in the night, and have a dinner tgt. this is why friends never leave you in lurch, when you've no dates on a Valentines' Day. :D

YAY, I REALLY LOVE NYPLD! <3